Friday, April 26, 2019

Day 4: 4/25/19 Sturgeon, MO to Mozingo Lake, MO (camping)

About 8:30 am, I started out with 264 mi on the GOM, due to traveling with the wind on the previous leg.  Today, I headed predominantly north, and while the wind was originally 3 mph out of the east, it soon changed to against a stiff 11-20 mph out of the north.  No way I was going to come close to that mileage!


The roads around here are very hilly... sometimes letting me coast down the hill until gravity catches up on the upside.  I stopped in St. Joseph, MO for  at a fast charger.  That cost me about $0.25/minute, but got me up to 174 miles (approx. 80% charge) in 30 minutes.  

From here, I headed north to Maryville, MO.  The weather was looking a little dicey, and I had decided I would look for a hotel instead of camping tonight, rather than endure bad weather... However, the clouds moved off, and the forecast was good for the next 24 hours.  


Before I left home, I had purchased an adapter that would let me plug into a 50 amp outlet commonly used in RV parks.  Since all RV park outlets aren't all the same, I had been trying to reach someone at Mozingo Park (outside Maryville), to determine the type of outlet they had, and pre-arrange for my camping/charging spot.  The RV park office sent me a quick picture, and I confirmed my adapter would fit!!  Had it not fit, I would have had to arrange something in town to get the car charged overnight.


At Maryville, I plugged in at Walmart and did some shopping for fruit, then looked for a coffee shop.  I hung out for an hour or so, then headed out to the RV park.  Got a tent spot for $10 in the middle of the RV park, and plugged in for my charge.  Barely could get my tent up, due to the wind.



Made my dehydrated supper (chicken, mushrooms, wild rice.... MMMM GOOD), read until dark, and then crashed.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rebecca! I'm enjoying the blogs. Keep 'em coming. Safe travels!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete

Day 13: Ames to Home

After a gourmet breakfast at the Diesslin's, Bill gave me a tour of the EHS building and other sites around campus.  Bill played an inte...