Sunday, April 28, 2019

Day 5: 4/26/19 Mozingo Lake, MO to Lincoln, NE (Uncle Rollie)

It was a restless night in the tent... watched an episode of Queer Eye I had downloaded on my phone at 4am.  Rained periodically, but at least the wind had died down.  Putting up the tent in the wind yesterday was an adventure in itself!  Also a good thing I warmed up some water for my "hot water bottle" before going to bed... it was in the low 40's overnight.

After doing a little stretching for my sore back in the morning, I got up, took down the tent, packed up and headed out.  From here, I was heading to Uncle Rollie and Aunt Mary's house in Lincoln,NE.  I stopped at a HyVee store for a 2-hr  electron "boost" before going the last 73 miles to Lincoln.  There were several detours along the way due to the horrific flooding that was in this part of the country.  I crossed the Platte river at Plattsmouth, where flooding was still evident... a lot of farmland and some buildings under water... ugh!



Ended up with a total of 172 miles for the day.  I wouldn't have needed the "boost," but better safe than sorry... especially with the prairie wind that seems to always be headed toward me!

I parked at Sid Dillon Nissan for an overnight charge.  I called ahead, and they were so nice and accommodating!  Uncle Rollie picked me up to go back to their house for the evening.  We went out to dinner with my cousin Sue and husband Kevin Moore.,. nice evening catching up.  My cousin Sue's daughter is playing Fantine in the traveling Les Miserables production (my favorite musical), coming to Chicago in June... may have to see that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 13: Ames to Home

After a gourmet breakfast at the Diesslin's, Bill gave me a tour of the EHS building and other sites around campus.  Bill played an inte...